Monday, December 17, 2007

The Word

Romans 14: 5-10

One Person considers one day to be above another day. Someone else considers every day to be the same. Each one must be fully convinced in his own mind. Whoever observes the day, observes it to the Lord. Whoever eats, eats to the Lord, since he gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we belong to the lord.

When you get up out of bed in the morning do you consider that day and every other day to be just the same? Sometimes I do, whenever I return to school and get use to my new classes and schedule I get into the same routine everyday trying to live that day for myself. But this passage says that we are to give the day to the Lord giving thanks to God our mighty creator and savior! We do not live for ourselves or die for ourselves. Instead scripture says we live to the Lord and we die to the Lord. We BELONG to him. We were bought at a price! The price of Gods precious son.

Romans 5: 7-9 says; For rarely will someone die for a just person though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die. But God proves His own love for us that while we were still sinners Christ DIED FOR US! Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His BLOOD, we will be saved through Him from wrath.

Christ paid the ultimate penalty! Do we observe his love and mercy that he so graciously gave us everyday? Do we cry out to Him ABBA! Father! Thank you for paying the penalty for my sin which you despise! Thank you for saving me, raising me up when I was DEAD to my sin? You are the Lord of Lords and deserve to be observed on this day and everyday! Give thanks to Him!

No comments: