Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rock the VOTE!

I just got back from voting in the Ohio Primary surviving through the large crowds, Cold air, Rain and mud. I am pretty excited because it is the first time I have been able to vote! I feel blessed as an American! Go vote! It is an important freedom that the great men and women are fighting for along with other freedoms. You have no excuse as to why not to vote.

This is a true fact! More votes were cast for American Idol than for the 2004 presidetial election. More than double.

That's kind of disturbing. More disturbing than that is the response of Underwood when asked, "How does it feel to know that Americans have cast more votes for you than for the President of the United States?" To which she replied something to the effect of, "It feels great, I hope they all buy my album when it's done."

Carrie, if you were truly someone to be idolized, then your response would have been, "I think it's sad that this country cares more about my singing voice and pretty face than the economy, security, and education of its own people."

Nothing like getting into a position to make a difference and then being brain dead.

No comments: