Monday, January 21, 2008

Chuck Norris: McCain is just too old !

Norris, who is actively campaigning for former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said,"John McCain would put on a strong battle against Hillary, though I fear he would be crippled simply on account of the age factor (72 in August). If the presidency ages one at 3-1 year rate, one term could advance McCain into his 80s."

And at a fundraiser today for Huckabee at his Lone Wolf Ranch in Navasota, Texas, Norris said, "I didn't pick John to support because I'm just afraid that the vice president would wind up taking over his job in that four-year presidency."

"So we need to find someone that can handle it for four years or eight years ... that has the youth and vision and communication skills to make that work."

Norris is 67, just four years younger than McCain who is 71.

Huckabee, who turns 52 in August, distanced himself from Norris' remarks, according to the Associated Press.

As much as I love Chuck Norris I have to disagree with him on this one. Look at Ronald Reagan. People said he was to old to run for a second term.

Ronald Reagan, "I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience."

No comments: